Dec 08, 2017
Richmond United, Central Virginia's only US Soccer Boys Development Academy, is proud to announce Talent ID Days for the 2018/19 season in following age groups:
- U12, players born in 2007 and younger
- U13, players born in 2006
- U14, players born in 2005
- U15, players born in 2004
- U16/17, players born in 2002 and 2003
- U18/19, players born in 2000 and 2001
Richmond United was established by the Richmond Kickers and Richmond Strikers in 2014 to introduce a collaborative program designed to serve the most talented players in the region.
In only three seasons, six Richmond United players have been invited to attend US Soccer National Team camps, most notably Chris Durkin, who started every game this fall at the U17 World Cup and currently plays for DC United of Major League Soccer.
Since 2014, Richmond United has graduated 16 players to Division 1 Colleges like VCU, William & Mary, ODU, UNC Charlotte, UNC Chapel Hill, George Washington, Penn State, Louisville and UC Irvine. Recent standout performances include:
- 2017 graduate Brandon Perdue who scored 7 goals as a Freshman to help ODU win the Conference USA Championship and make their first NCAA tournament since 2014.
- 2016 graduate Keenan O'Shea, a Sophomore at Army, registered 5 goals and 4 assists while being named All Patriot Third Team.
- Travis Cooke, Austin Graham, Anthony Gonnella, Lindsey Moreland and Kelley Walters all contributed to VCU's season that culminated in a NCAA tournament 2nd round appearance.
More information about Richmond United and its Boys Academy program can be found here .
US Soccer Development Academy is considered the top tier of American Youth Soccer. 44 of 46 current U14 National Team Camp players and ALL current U15, U16 and U17 National team players have played at least one season in the Development Academy.
In compliance with US Soccer guidelines for the Development Academy, Richmond United does not hold open tryouts to select players. ID Sessions are invitation-only and interested players should submit their information through this form or email Academy Administrator Sascha Goerres at firstname.lastname@example.org .